"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fit Family - NSV

So, I had another proud mommy moment the other day... 

My girls have been making sure to get their exercise in a couple days a week at the least after school and the other day they decided to go for a walk.  I had just dropped brother off at soccer practice and was going to go for a run.  The girls started out walking before I started my run and I thought I heard them say something about studying while they walked. 

Sure enough, as I came up behind them I see one of them holding a sheet of paper and they are quizzing each other for a Spanish test the next day..while walking! 


My kids are studying and getting exercise in too!!  Woo Hoo!!  Of course, they paused to cheer me on as I jogged past them.  So cute.  

After I was done with my run (the girls were waiting for me on the porch) we girls went to get brother from soccer practice.  


He had worked hard too. 

I told the kids I was so proud of them for getting in some exercise, so I did what we mom's do best...took a picture of all of us.  :)

Being that it had reached 79 that day, we decided that protein smoothies would be a good idea for dinner. So, I got right to work making a nice cold dinner. 
One had mixed berries and yogurt with strawberry protein powder, me and one daughter had almond milk, frozen bananas, PB and chocolate protein powder and my son had almond milk, pb and chocolate protein powder.  It was like having dessert for dinner, but full of all kinds of goodness and enough calories to count as a meal! 

You know, this was just another NSV of sorts -- seeing my kids stay active and being able to be right there with them rejoicing and high-fiving after a good workout.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for an active family. I like the studying while walking - multitasking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome story! Great family pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome. Amazing how these things rub off on our family, well sometimes!! :)
    Thanks for sharing. That is really really great.

    ReplyDelete