"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, January 20, 2014

Maybe A Little Nervous

As I got in the shower this morning I suddenly got butterflies in my stomach.  I decided it's the kind of nerves I had before any of my races, but mainly before my half marathon,  -- the "I'm doing something I never thought I could/would do." nerves.  

I'm about to altar myself in a way I never dreamed I would.  Losing weight has been a miracle in my life, but getting rid of the remainder of the belly I've carried around for so many years ... It's a big, and very permanent step. 

Then as I showered and lifted my belly to clean under it I thought, "I'm never going to have to lift my belly like that again."  

Wow.  

And now... I've brought down my bathroom stuff, dinner is in the crock pot, I've kissed the kids goodbye, my dear friend Steph has already texted me (at 5 am her time) to let me know she's praying and I've seen two comments of encouragement on my Surgery Eve post.  

I'm ready and it's time to go.  Thanks for the well wishes and I'll talk to you later.  :)

4 comments: