"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Mother is Gone

I used the restroom this evening and then planned on sitting down to blog about post op day 2 when my phone rang. It was my dad's phone number, but not his voice and I knew something was wrong.  

I was called and informed that my mother has passed away. My dad couldn't talk at the moment and asked I be called immediately.  It looks as if she passed peacefully in sleep and I'm grateful for no foul play. I've since spoken to him, but still find myself sitting here in shock that she is really gone.  

So, my friends, I do want to blog about my post op days, but I know you'll forgive me if I don't share more tonight. I also know you'll understand if talking about the surgery is the only thing that keeps my mind off of her death.  

Her death...I still can't believe I'm saying those words and talking about my own mother. 

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, Leah! I am so very very sorry! My prayers will be with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and your family, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leah, I am so, so sorry. My heart breaks for you and your family. And to know that you can't just leap out of bed and be by your father's side. Hugs to you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mom Leah. I know what it's like to lose a parent. Be gentle on yourself Leah. If you want to "talk" please feel free to email me. Again I am so sorry and if there is anything I can do let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Leah. I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs, and lots of prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm am so sorry Leah. I lost my dad 4 years ago. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leah, I've been lurking on your blog. I found you via Instagram. I've loved watching all your weight loss :)
    Anywho- I am so very sorry about your mama. We will keep your family in our prayers.
    Love , Rebecca Bailey

    ReplyDelete