"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Post Op Day 5 -Spa Day

Okay, so I didn't go to the spa, but it felt like it.  It was bath day today.  :) 

Today I made it upstairs to my bathroom and my husband gave me a nice sponge bath, including shaving my legs for me (1st time since surgery) and washing my hair.  Though being upright for so long was tiring it felt so good to get a deep clean.  My husband was kind enough to bring a space heater in the bathroom to keep me warm for the duration and I felt so spoiled.  

After my weekly bath *giggle* I went ahead and put some hair products in and put on some makeup. I felt so nice and fresh.  I told my husband, "I'm all dressed up with no place to go." :) 

Actually, my mom used to tell me that getting dressed each day, whether or not you had to be somewhere, just makes you feel a little better about yourself.  I've found it to be true.  So, even though I put on some sweats and a t-shirt I felt clean and refreshed.  Just in time to eat some lunch and take a nap.

Going up and down the stairs and undergoing such a slow bathing process wore me clean out.  I remember reading how people said doing the smallest things would wear them out and it's so true.  When I get up for my little walks around the house I move my arms in racing motions and tell my family I'm working out. They smile at me and we giggle.

I only laugh so much, because laughing brings probably the worst pain I feel physically lately.  There is lots of stretching going on as well, but the jolting of coughing, laughing or crying reminds me I am stitched not just at my incision sites but internally as well.

Part of an abdominoplasty includes stitching the abdominal muscles together to tighten things up.  I guess it's like a little bonus help in regaining correct abdominal muscle placement.  When I go in for a checkup this week I want to ask the doctor how my abdominal a muscles looked.  He may not remember, but I'm curious.  Watch him say it was a mess.  :D

So, today had been pretty good,  I've been feeling a pinch on each side during the night when I adjust myself to get comfortable and I think it's the sites where the tubes are coming out for the drains.  The incisions are looking really good.  I've also only had one pain pill a day for a couple days now.  Its amazing I'm still so full of stitches and yet the pain has really lessened.  

Glory! Things are continuing in the direction they should and I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are mending without any issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad, Leah! Everything sounds like it's progressing really well, and your husband is a real jewel!

    ReplyDelete