"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Surgery Eve

It's the night before surgery and all through the house...

Just kidding. 

I think I pretty much have everything done that's going to get done before surgery.  I've just finished printing out the dinner meal ideas for about 14 meals that I've bought groceries for along with instructions for each meal and recipes if necessary.  My husband is very handy in the kitchen and my kids will help too.  He'll have to buy fresh stuff, but the meat is all there.  This should be fun!  

I also prepared a package for the mail, put my little bag together with my prescriptions, some crackers in case I'm nauseous and my folder of paperwork.  I've downloaded two audiobooks to my iPad for my post-surgery listening pleasure...until I feel like holding the two books I borrowed from the library. 

The only thing left to do is bring down my bathroom stuff tomorrow morning to our powder room because I don't think I'll be going upstairs for a few days.  I've already packed a bag of changes of flannel pants and shirts and things to change daily after a sponge bath that I can do downstairs.  I bought dry shampoo to try too.  I'd rather be prepared than trouble my family too much ( or get frustrated when they don't know where to look for my stuff.  lol )

A friend asked me if I was nervous about tomorrow.  

Nope.  I'm not nervous at all about the surgery.  I just had things I wanted to be done before I had it done and they finally are.  My pre-suregery "to-do"s have kept my mind busy with planning and preparing.  My family will do just fine with me out of commission for a bit, but I'm trying to make things as easy as possible for them. 

As I type my husband is saying, "Leah, it's after 11:00..you need to go to bed."  So, I will shortly. 

The doctor asked if I'd need valium tonight to relax and be able to sleep.  Nope..I might've needed it to help me not be too excited.  *giggle*  Actually, I've stayed up late enough tonight I think I'll sleep just fine. 

I have to be there at 10:15 am and my surgery is at 11:00 (Eastern time).  We live about 45 minutes to an hour away, so we'll still leave pretty early.  I'm already dreading not having my morning coffee, but I know I'll live.  lol

I may check in one more time in the morning, but I may not.  Depending on how I feel I'll check in post surgery.  Otherwise, I'll be back on Tuesday.  

I still can't believe this is really happening...to me.  It's so exciting and still surreal right now.  A whole new adventure in my new ending I never dreamed I'd experience, or actually be in a place where I qualified for such a surgery.  

Goodnight...I'm going to enjoy my bed and sleeping "normally" for the last time in a short while.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Well earned, my dear. Well earned! God speed and prayers for you and your surgical staff! See ya on the other side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how it went, hope it is smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about you today. Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for you, Leah! I'm praying for an uneventful surgery, and a speedy recover. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete