"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, April 11, 2014

April Goals Check-In #1

Here are my goals for this month...and how I did this week. 
  • Track food at least five days a week.  That would be better that I've done in a LONG time.  Done!
  • Run three days a week, training for 10K.  Done!  My 3rd day will be tomorrow and it will get done.  
  • Complete 1-3 days of the cross training listed on the training plan.  Honestly, if I get four days of exercise in per week that will be the most I've done so far.  I'd like to actually exercise all six days a week the plan calls for, but baby steps...  Done!  Confess..we had a busy week and I only got the one day of cross training in, but I was pleased with that plus the running.  *high five*
  • Work on eating a little less (and thus see weight loss), but at least stay within maintenance calories.  I'm not committing to a certain number of veggies and fruits, or no carbs, etc, because for now just tracking my food and trying to consistently stay in a healthier calorie range is a huge plus.  Pretty good.  This still needs work, but I did better and saw a little less weight on the scale one day.  I didn't weigh today, but I do weigh periodically to check.  
Overall, I'm pleased with how the week went.  I think having some goals to keep in mind helped me stay a little more focused.  We have had a crazy busy week and then there was the smell of something dead in my laundry room to deal with and so as I type I have a Venti Non-Fat, No Whip Iced White Mocha with and extra shot of espresso to be drunk here soon.  It's almost 4:00pm and I still have a downstairs to clean and laundry to finish.  

My dad is coming in town tomorrow for Spring Break and I want everything caught up tonight.  Then I can sleep in a little, go for my run and shower and head out in the afternoon to pick him up from the airport a couple hours away.  It will be a nice day and I will sleep good tonight knowing I got everything done.

And this drink will help me have the energy to complete...here's praying I don't hit a "wall" and collapse.  

Oh, and thank the Lord the "dead" thing seems to have went away when I moved the dryer today, found nothing, smelled it really bad in the inside of the dryer, called husband, he came to check at lunchtime and it didn't smell any more.  I'm hoping maybe there was something dead in the vent tube and when I moved the dryer it fell down under the house.  Joy.  Either that or the timing was perfect that whatever died finally quit stinking...good thing my husband smelled it just this morning, so he knew I wasn't joking.  ugh.

Anyway, I'm doing well and I will try and hop on here another time or two before next Friday.  We officially began Spring Break here and it looks to be a very nice spring week.  Have a nice weekend everyone and thanks for checking in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment