"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day

Even though I have taken a break from running I had fun making this badge to honor the day.  


Often when I am running in a race I wish I had a t-shirt that said "I run for those who can't." on the back.  

Two reasons...


  1. Some people are not physically able to run, but would like to.  (I think of this often during the Wounded Warrior runs.)
  2. Some people think they can not because of their current state of health.  I used to be one of those people who thought I couldn't be physically active.  As my weight loss progressed I became aware that I was capable of more than I ever dreamed.  Until people realize they are able to do things they think they can't I will run [be active] and be a symbol of hope that change is possible.  
Maybe I should change it up to "I run because change is possible.".  hhmm....  :)

Have a good day folks! 

Oh, and I didn't go for a run, but I did get my butt kicked in a cycle circuit class today.  Ouch.  

1 comment:

  1. Great sentiment, Leah! I myself am just starting to dabble in adding a bit of jogging to my walks, to see if I can. For years (my whole life?) I've believed that I couldn't run, I was too big, my chest is too big, but finally decided, with a bit of encouragement from my walking buddy, to give it a try....and I loved it! I'm not looking to start running races anytime soon, but the feeling of running/jogging almost makes me laugh - kind of like riding a bike does. I'm amazed at what my body can do now that it's 60 pounds lighter. And my confidence has grown exponentially. I also think of those who can't, or believe they can't do physical activities, and it just makes me that much more appreciative of what I can do. Take care!

    ReplyDelete