"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, June 27, 2014

Running Across the Country

Okay, I wasn't running across the country, but I was across the country and running.  We are visiting family and my daughter and I went out for a run yesterday morning.  Yes, me ... Running on vacation.   Miracles will never cease. 

I was kind of dreading running in the heat and slight humidity here this time of year, but it wasn't bad at all.  In fact, when I saw 80 degrees I wasn't too scared.  I guess because I had just run in that temperature on Monday with about 75% humidity I knew it really couldn't be any worse.

So, as I was finishing up my morning devotions and my daughter was waking up I asked her if she wanted to go run.  She was game and we went out.  There was bright sun and really that was the only rough part of the run.  Even with a visor, I told my husband, I think my eye balls might have gotten a little too much sun. 

We were bright red when we finished, but we felt great!  So far we've only been eating about two real meals a day and I've enjoyed sensible portions -- not too much and not diet "barely satisfied" portions.  I'm enjoying myself, but not losing site of my health in the process.

In fact, I think we inspired someone else to get moving ... This morning my husband went out for a run himself.  :-) 

Once again folks I'm experiencing a victorious moment in my new ending in life.  Gory!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for running while on vacation! When we went away a couple of weeks ago I contemplated bringing my stuff with me and I am kind of mad I didn't - I was in the mentality of 'I usually do long runs on Sundays' and I knew I wouldn't have that time. So I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete