"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Feeling Better [Emotionally]

I have officially signed up for this race. 
And today was my second run of my training plan.  

It was a sunny 77 degrees with 90% humidity, which they said "feels like" 86 or so and that meant a hot, sweaty run, but I didn't mind it.  In fact, I wasn't even scared about going out in it.   

Prior experience running in heat and humidity taught me to listen to my body and only push as I'm able.  It also taught me I can do it and I'll live.  lol 

So, I went out without much hesitation and just got it done.  It was this positive attitude that made me think I am feeling better emotionally about exercising and getting back to "normal".  

I don't regret the decision not to run the half marathon this September -- I needed the break emotionally from the requirements that kind of training requires -- but now I am ready to get back into some training.  

And it feels so good to be able to say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment