"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 11, 2014

Motivational Monday - My Son The Motivator

My daughter's coach upped the morning cross country practices to 1.5 hours this week, so I had considered going to the gym for my HIIT class again since it falls during her practice time.  

Then I woke up, and among other things, TOM arrived and I just didn't feel like going.  I figured I'd do a Jillian Michaels workout (30 minutes) sometime during the day today.  

However, as I was sipping my coffee and reading my Bible my son came downstairs and asks, "Do they have elliptical machines at the gym?" 

"Um.. yes."

"I can do that while you do your class!"

"um...okay." 

So, when it was time I got ready and we dropped his sister off at practice and then headed to the gym.  

He is still recovering from his skiing accident so he did what he was able to on the elliptical and walking on the treadmill.  I went to my favorite HIIT class and made it through just fine.  
We were both wiped out, but glad we made the effort to get it done.  

It wasn't until our drive home that I told my son I hadn't really felt like going to the gym today and how he ended up being my motivator.  He grinned and when we walked in the door to the house we did our post-workout imitation of a favorite scene of ours from The Incredibles...


Happy Monday!  Now I'm off to do laundry and shower and maybe take some Alleve and sip more coffee between loads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment