"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 19, 2014

Weigh-In ... Cautiously Pleased

Today's Weight:  174.0
Loss/Gain: -2.0 lbs

I have made huge non-scale strides this week, so I'm pleased with seeing results on the scale as well.  There is the cautious feeling of wondering if I can keep up the good change in eating habits to keep losing weight, so I reminded myself this morning that I just need to keep doing what I've done to lose these two and the weight will come off eventually. 

My goal for the weekend is to do my best to stay within my calorie budget.  My "cheat" day is always a weekend day, and quite honestly usually turns into the entire weekend, so I'm going to work on that this weekend.  

Monday I will come back with a nice motivational post I already have in my head, but for now I leave you with my new favorite breakfast...

I'll call it "Chocolate Protein Oatmeal".  
I was looking for something comforting to eat for breakfast that had more protein, but less sugar than the protein bars I normally eat for breakfast.  I'm now in love with my creation... I may even try vanilla powder and some pumpkin for the fall.  I'm inspired!

Thanks for checking in blogland friends!  I truly appreciate each and every one of you who take a moment to stop by.  I am encouraged by the comments you leave that I'm not alone in my struggles and it's not over.  

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for a good week, both mentally and weight-wise. Always better to be on the lower half of the weight decade :)

    My weekends used to turn in to one big cheat as well. That is part of why Saturday morning weigh-ins help me so 1 of 3 dinners is normal. And when the scale wasn't moving the way I wanted, I turned it around and said that 1 could have 1 cheat meal on Saturday (either lunch or dinner - usually whichever one we ended up going out for) and 1 cheat snack. Sundays can be hard with my long runs, and even with out we tend to do Sunday dinners, but I still try to watch what I am eating unlike Saturday dinner :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know - I love to whisk egg whites into my oatmeal for added protein, plus it fluffs them up. Adding protein really makes a difference for oats keeping me full.

    ReplyDelete