"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Plugging Along...

...like the awesome mother runner that I am. 

Yes, the running is going well.  The eating not so much.  Recently I saw a picture that reminded me I really need to get my eating back on track to lose this weight I put on last year.  It was motivating, even if it wasn't the most encouraging photo.

As I peruse blogs in recent days I know I'm not alone in this need to tone back the snacking and better the food choices again.  While I don't wish weight gain on anyone, it is kind of nice to know I'm not alone.    

Now I just need to get it done.  I have cute clothes that are uncomfortably snug and I refuse to buy bigger sizes, so I need to get er done and enjoy my cute t-shirts and capris when the weather is warm enough to wear them. 

Same song, different day... so....

Meanwhile, I continue training for my half marathon and I am doing fine.  

We've had some cold, icy days, but we've also had some cold beautiful sunny days.  Lucky me, as a military spouse, I have access to a few different gyms on base, so on inclement weather days I can go to the gym to run.  

Most days I do that and some days I just skip it.  Since I'm on a training plan, with a race date ahead of me, I tend to do more going to the gym and less skipping runs.  I'm grateful to have teenagers, so I can do this whether or not there is school.  

My husband told me a while ago to sign up for a race, 'Because you seem to be more motivated to run when you have a race on the calendar."  It's so true.  

So, the eating still needs work, but I'm currently enjoying my running and doing well with that.   I'm plugging along, keeping the scale from going up any more, and knowing that I need to keep my health a focus no matter what else is going on.  

Have a good day! 

1 comment: