"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Moving and Settling

Well, look at that!  It's been almost exactly a month since I last posted, and boy what a month it has been.

Our family has made a major move this summer and this past month has been the month of visiting family, friends, moving and unpacking.  It's been fun and busy and I'm to finally start feeling some semblance of normalcy in our lives again.  

We've been in our house just over two weeks and I'm putting the last touches of stuff up and away -- namely beginning to hang wall decor.  I like to make a new place "home" as soon as possible, it helps me relax.  I think it helps my family as well, but who knows.  

All I know is settling also helps me feel more normal and like I have more time for getting my eating and exercise back where it needs to be.  My goal for this month has been to eat to the point of satisfied and curb the extra snacking. 

When I'm traveling I don't really worry about my food choices and I often find myself overeating in the "I'm on vacation!" mentality.  I don't really care about not sticking to a diet when I'm traveling, but the overeating doesn't usually happen like it did this time.  (More on that later, because I made myself weigh on the first of the month...)  I'm not a good healthy example that way I guess, but oh well.  

I had planned on getting my exercise done regularly while at my grandparents and visiting my friend (who is also getting back into running) but schedules were hard to navigate.  Plus, I enjoyed getting my full night's of sleep versus waking early to get some exercise done just so I'd feel "good" being able to tell people I exercised while traveling.  

Subsequently, one good thing about not exercising is the plantar fasciitis I've been dealing with since my half marathon in May is finally feeling better.  I don't think I mentioned it here, but it was to the point where a good 45-minute walk would make my foot ache terribly.  It has ached from the moment I stepped on it in the morning and then worsen by bedtime.

So, maybe all that non-exercise was a good thing.  I didn't have access to swimming or a bike, so anything heavy on my feet would've bothered it.  Not that no exercise is ever a good thing, but this time I reaped a good benefit from it in one way, so I'm embracing that.  even if I do feel like a fat slug right now

So ... we've moved and we are settling and I'm still around.  Still fighting the fight and hopefully ready to be back blogging regularly and sharing how my new ending includes getting back on track after a move halfway across the country. 

1 comment: