"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 11, 2015

Healthy Holidays Challenge


Early in my weight loss journey I participated in a health and fitness challenge to finish the last 100 days of the year strong.  The Hot 100 Challenge was to challenge participants to keep a healthy focus during the busiest, most food laden months of the year.


It was great motivation for those of us who participated to remember that we want to enjoy the holidays without gaining tons of weight and feeling crappy physically, and subsequently emotionally, when all the festivities were over.

It's been a couple of years since the blog that hosted that challenge has been active.  So, as I'm feeling motivated to get my act together I decided to host my own challenge.

* * * * * *
HEALTHY HOLIDAYS CHALLENGE
Beginning September 23, 2015 join me in enjoying the last 100 days of the year healthy and happy!

By choosing to participate in this challenge you commit to keeping an eye on your health while also enjoying the holiday season.  Plus, you will be entered in a drawing on January 1, 2016 for a box of goodies to help you continue your healthy lifestyle in the new year. 

Rules are Simple:

  1. Sign up by midnight September 22, 2015 - PST by commenting on this post or my Instagram post: @my_new_ending
  2. Commit to at least one health related goal;  more goals are welcome and encouraged.
  3. Check in every Thursday beginning October 1st.  You can check in by commenting on a "Check-In" post here on my blog each week or commenting on a "Check-In" post on my Instagram account each week. 
  4. Complete minimum 12 of the 15 check-ins.  Yes, you can miss up to 3 check-ins and still be entered into the drawing.
  5. Enjoy the next three months doing things that make your holidays happy!
Note... you do not necessarily have to meet your challenge goal to be entered into the drawing;  you simply have to continue checking in with us.  The point of this challenge is to be a reminder to not throw caution to the wind during the holiday season.  So if you end up not meeting your goals and yet stay accountable to the challenge group, then you definitely kept that one goal -- to keep your health on  your mind -- and that's worth an entry to me. 


**The challenge is open to all participants,**
**but the drawing is open to U.S. residents only.**

I look forward to setting some goals and enjoying these last 100 days of 2015 happy and healthier.  I hope you can join me!

* * * * * *

Feel free to spread the word.  The more the merrier!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea! I'll help spread the word. :) For my one goal, I'd like to stay on track and weigh less by the end of the year than I do right now. I tend to gain during the holidays and I want to avoid that this year because I really can't afford to gain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! I just found your blog and I really need a challenge to get me going and keep me in line! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. after dealing with some stress, anxiety and a bit of depression I've started to change some things in my life.
    I've started to walk the treadmill or the dog just to get those endorphins in my brain going and change the way I think. My weight has always yo-yo'd. This time it's not about being skinny but being healthy. It's not a race to see how fast or how much I can lose. It's about being health. For my body and my mind. So when I saw your challenge I thought what a great way to be accountable for my progress and to stay motivated. So my goal is to lose 10lbs by the first of the year. Here's to a healthier, happier me!

    ReplyDelete