"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 2, 2015

Healthy Holidays Challenge - Update #1

Good morning!  Well, nine days of our challenge is in the books.  It hasn't been the best week for me, but I'm happy to report progress in my goals.  Before I go any further, here's my update.

My goals for the 2015 Healthy Holidays Challenge are: 

  1. I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.  Done!  I've switched from walking to using HIIT 30-minute DVDs and I'm sore.  It's a good thing.  
  2. I will eat "weight-loss" portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds.  While my weight is down a pound this week (189.5 - woot!) I didn't make healthier choices a lot of the time.  I do know that my overeating is getting in way better control than it had been for a while, so that is good as well.  So, while not a complete fail this week, I don't feel a complete victory either.  
  3. I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day.  Also a yellow, because I did not get this done every day.  Darn that Coke Zero.  
  4. I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count.  I did make an apple pie and I have been careful about how much of it I've eaten, but I've had other sweets and didn't track them all.  
  5. I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up.  Even though my first week wasn't the best I could've done I did do well enough to lose a pound.  Green for go and for victory!  (Did you know I like to color code my progress? [grin])
How was your first week?  Whether you had an amazing start to our challenge or, like me, you only reached a couple of goals let us know how it went.  Remember you can check-in here or on my Instagram.

Note:  I've decided to leave the checking in open until midnight Sunday so that gives you three days to get it done.  You can either update in a comment about how you're doing or comment that you've done an update on your own blog or Instagram account.  

And since a majority of our challenge participants are solely on Instagram I think I'll come back here after updates are in and give a quick update on how everyone is doing.  

Have a great weekend!  I plan to...our temperatures are dropping ever so slightly, so I think I'll put my fall decor out.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment