"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Weigh-In ... Honeymoon Stage?

Well, I'm a late, because it has been crazy around here.   A productive kind of crazy, so I don't mind it.  So, these are stats and pretty much the thoughts I had on Monday when I weighed in after my second week on Weight Watchers...

This Week's Weight:  195.0
Loss/Gain:  -3.2

I know right?!?!  I stuck to the plan and didn't go over my points at all during the week, so I knew I should show a loss of some sort.  However, I didn't expect another 3-pound loss.  I cheered right there at the scale. 

Then I told the receptionist, "The best part is I'm not hungry and I don't feel like I'm on a diet." 

To which she replied, "Praise the Lord!"  
  *giggle*  (You know you live in Texas when ..... a reply to good news elicits a 'Praise the Lord!') 

Anyway, I agreed.  I am so glad to feel strong after two weeks.  

Along with the joy of a good loss, was earning my first 5-pound sticker.  Yay! 

So, things are going well.  I'm sticking to the "get through today" mindset, while also planning ahead.  
I am going on an overnight trip for a friend's birthday this weekend and we are going to tea for her party.  This is going to take some planning on the eating side of things as there will be scones and lemon curd, etc.   Since I'm planning the event I know where we are eating and what is being served and I'm going to see what will be best to have and what will be worth spending points on before I get there.  

Me, have a plan?  This is a whole new approach for me.  I actually sound like someone losing weight.  Ha! Sometimes I think it's a honeymoon stage and one day when my eyes or nose tell me I want that yummy something I'm going to give in and fall right back into my old ways. 

But who knows?  That's why I really am not thinking beyond each day.  As we've all heard... One day at a time.  One choice at a time. 

Bye for now!  I'm off to try a new shrimp taco recipe.  I'll come back and let you know how it turns out.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, there is a bit of a honeymoon effect. Some of the loss may be the body shedding some water weight in the first few weeks. But, that isn't everything. A big, big part of it is following the plan and losing some "real" weight. I think that the initial loss like this gives a great jumpstart to the plan. I know that for me having a plan really does help me, takes away a lot of the stress....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely has been less stress with having these guidelines.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I think of you often throughout this journey (even before WW) and it encourages me not to quit.

      Delete
  3. Yay, you. Regardless of what plan you are on, you still made the decision to stick with it. Must be a relief to know it works and you can work it. :)

    ReplyDelete