"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, April 29, 2016

Weigh-In ... Tea Lunch

This weeks weight:  195.2
Loss/Gain:  + 0.2 

A 0.2 lb gain is pretty much like a maintain to me, and I'm totally good with that.  Two weeks of strong losses made me think it would slow up one week.  Add to that I had just been out of town for two days enjoying a birthday mini vacation with a friend and I was happy to make it through with no real weight gain.  

So, I'm good.  
My little trip consisted of a tea lunch with some friends for one of my best friend's birthday at Inspirations Tea Room in Edmond, Oklahoma.  I thoroughly enjoyed my berry scone with lemon curd, followed by a delicious Quiche Lorraine, salad and Tomato Bisque soup.
I had planned ahead and been looking up nutritional information for this lunch and I knew what it would "cost".  And to be quite honest, it was worth every single calorie.  I only ate until satisfied, so I left a little behind and was content with that. 

Well, except the chocolate cake.  I ate all of that, because it was fun to eat something sweet with my tea.  But ... In my humble opinion, I make a better chocolate cake than the slice I was served.  However, I was told the coconut cake was delicious and the bite I tasted proved that was true.  

My tea of choice was their Pearl of the Night and it was divine.  With a touch of cream and a packet of Splenda I was in tea heaven.  Seriously.  I think I had four cups over the course of our meal and friendly chit chat.  Then, I went on to buy a bag of it to bring home and I've been enjoying a cup a couple evenings this week.  

The tea lunch was supposed to be my "big" meal of the weekend, but we decided to go for Thai food for dinner.  That was also super delicious and I also only ate until satisfied, which hardly made a dent in my Pad Thai and Evil Jungle Curry Chicken.  lol  (My family that stayed home were happy to have the leftovers when I returned on Sunday.)

So, hooray for success with my food choices in real life situations!  


Have a good weekend and I'll try not to wait too long before reporting my weigh-in coming up on Monday.  [insert giggle and embarrassed grin]

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your food and record it. Too many times people throw the whole day out if they eat out, but often the "damage" isn't as bad as you think calorie wise.

    ReplyDelete